What options to refer to bloggers quoted in the International Herald Tribune blog-based technology page column?
- Shorter references make it easier on the reader
- Longer references make it easier for readers to track the person making comments and encourage the conversational-style that will hopefully develop
BUT Hyperlinks are not yet possible in the printed edition (sadly).
So options include:
- Use only the first name of the blogger (as many comments appear)
- Use the Blog/web address
- Include first name and blog address
- First name, blog address and a qualifying reference (author of XX book, etc)
What would make people more likely to participate? Concrete examples preferred.
PS: In preparing for the blog-based column for the International Herald Tribune I have spent vastly more time brainstorming and discussing issues here in Joi's blog than inside the newsroom. Thanks!